Department of Elementary Education
Papers in Peer Reviewed Journals
- Kaur, J &Threja, A. 2015. Enhancing Primary Mathematics Learning Using Assessment Practices: An Initiative Taken by Pre -Service Teachers. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention, 66-72.
- Kaur, J & Threja. A, 2014 Mathematics Assessment Practices in Pimary School : An Initiative to Develop Competencies for Assessment Among Pre -Service Teachers.Educationia Confab.vol3.No.6.
- Kushwaha, A. 2014. Feedback in teacher education. IOSR Journal of Research and Methods in Education. Vol 4: 1- 5.
- Kushwaha, A. 2014. Using task-based approach in English as a second language classroom. Research Journal of Social and Life Sciences. XVI-II: 78-81.
- Shukla, S. 2014. Construction of knowledge among young children before their entry to school. IOSR Journal of Humanities and social science.19 (3):88-92.
- Shukla, S. 2014. Teaching Competency, professional commitment and job satisfaction- A study of primary school teachers. Journal of research & method in Education. 4(3: 44-64.
- Shukla,S. 2014. Divorce: Its impact on families and children. Research Journal of sociology. 2: 1-5.
- Iyer, S. 2013. An ethnographic study of disciplinary and pedagogic practices in a primary class. Contemporary Education Dialogue 10(12): 65-93.
- Priyadarshini, M. 2012. Anglicisation of Hindi: The Official Perspective. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. - XLVII No. 12.
- Priyadarshini, M. 2012. 'Hindi: A language of Serious Discourse'. Language and Language Teaching. Vidya Bhawan Society, Udaipur and Azim Premji University, Bangalore. Vol. 1.1.
- Priyadarshini, M (Forthcoming) Hindi mein Vimarsh ki Chunautiyan. Samajik Vimarsh, Council for Social Development and SAGE India.
- Shukla, S. 2012. Posting blues and your child. The Alpha Stories. 1: 16-19.
Chapters in Books
- Chaudhary, N., & Shukla, S. 2016. The third gender & their identity in Indian society. In : Resistance in everyday life: Constructing Cultural Experiences. Springer, Singapore.
- Chaudhary, N. &Shukla, S. 2015. "Children's work is to play": Beliefs and practices related to childhood among Indians. In, International Perspectives on Children's Play(edsJ. L. Roopnarine, M. Patte, J. E. Johnson, & D. Kuschner). Open University Press/McGraw Hill Education.
- Iyer, S. 2015. Reflections on the Bachelor of Elementary Education Programme.In Pedagogic Trajectories (eds K. Akalamkam& S. Sharma): 169-177, Synergy Books India.
- Chakravarti, U. 2013. Burden of Caring: Families of the Disabled in Urban India. In, Disability Studies in India: Global Discourses, Local Realities (Ed. R. Addlakha) Routledge: India
- Priyadarshini, M. 2013. 'Language Issues in Education'. In Maulana Abul Kalam Azad and the National Education System (ed.) S. Irfan Habib. NEUPA, New Delhi, 2013 (book chapter).
- Badsiwal, R. 2011. Sports in Schools: Provisions and Practices. Learning Curve. XVII: 57-60.
- Das, S. 2011. Community Participation in Education: Analysis of Role of Village Education Committee in the state of Orissa. In,Anatomy of public policy reforms and development (eds U. N.Khan.&P. Sigmani). Mcmillan:New Delhi.
- Biswas, B. 2010. Equity education for the Scheduled Tribes (Dalits), adivasis and religious minorities: a case study of west Bengal. In, equity education in india: policy issues and challenges,equity education in india: policy issues and challenges (Eds. D. Parimala.) New Delhi: Kanishka Publishers.
- Priyadarshini, M. 2008. Parhne ki Samajh: a handbook for teachers on the concept of Reading (co-author) NCERT, New Delhi. 2008 (co-author).
- Priyadarshini, M. 2008. From Creation to Reception: Elementary Textbooks Series [Contributor]: Process Documentation & Study of Parents', Children's, Teachers' Responses on Textbooks Series for Elementary classes, SCERT, Delhi & Sir Ratan Tata Trust, 2008. (contributor).
- Priyadarshini, M. 2008. Perception of Parents, Teachers and Teacher Educators: A Survey on Eklvaya Books (co-author) 2008 (co-author: Monograph).
- Priyadarshini, M. 2008. Elementary Education: Shaping a Vision. Proceedings of a seminar held at LSR College, New Delhi, 2003. (Monograph co-editor).
- Iyer, S, Misra, G & Srivastava, A.K. 2007. Bhagwad Gita: An Indian Discourse on Wisdom. In: Rethinking Intelligence, Conceptualising Human Competence in Cultural Context (eds A. K Srivastava& G. Misra): 132-157, Concept Publishing Company, New Delhi.
Full Papers in Conference Proceedings
- Sitalakshmi A.R. 2016. Promoting students' understanding of Chemical Bonding through an intervention based on constructivist approach. In Scientific programme and Abstracts, WorldSTE2016, 5th World Conference of Science and Technological Education, November 1-5, 2016, (Eds. Cavas B., Apkan, B. And Cakmakci G.), pp.33,published by PaiplonYayinlari, Istanbul, Turkey. ISBN : 978065-9226-81-3.
- Sitalakshmi, A. R. 2015. Use of multiple representations to promote students' understanding of phase changes. In Proceedings EpiSTEME 6, Emerging Computational Media and Science Education, December 15- 18, 2015, (Eds.Chandrasekharan, S.,Murthy, S., Banerjee, G., and Mualidhar,A.), pp. 134- 141,published by Cinnamon Teal Publishing, Goa, India. On behalf of HomiBhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR, Mumbai. ISBN : 978-93-85523- 48-9.
- Threja, A. & Kaur, J. 2015. Reflective Practices in Lesson Planning: An Endeavour For Pre Service Teachers Professional Development pp.331-338 in Conference Proceedings ePISTEME-6.
- Threja,A &Rekha, B. 2012. Role of Lesh's Model of Multimodal Representation in Learning of Mathematical Concepts .PP.48-52 In Conference Proceedings National Conference On Mathematics Education ,HBCSE, Mumbai,India.
- Priyadarshini, M. 2010. Language Issues in Education in Maulana Abul Kalam Azad and the National Education System (ed) S. Irfan Habib. National University of Educational Planning and Administration, New Delhi (2010).