Hostel Application Form
Candidates desirous of applying for admission to the hostel must approach the Hostel Admission Desk in the office immediately after securing admission in the college to fill/ generate an Online Hostel Application Form. This should be deposited along with a self attested copy of the following documents:
- The College Admission Fee Receipt
- Class XII Marksheet
- Residence Certificate issued by a competent local authority. The certificate could be from the District Magistrate, the local employer of the parent or an Affidavit
Eligibility and Allocation of Seats
- Admission to Miranda House Hostel is strictly on basis of merit, using the same criteria as for admission to the course. In case of a tie, percent aggregate marks are considered to decide merit.
- The number of seats in any Discipline Course depends on the sanctioned seats in that course.
- Only outstation undergraduate students of Miranda House are eligible for admission to the Hostel.
- Students whose parents reside in the National Capital Territory of Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad are not eligible.
- Admission is subject to submission of required proof of residency.
- The decision of the Hostel Admission Committee shall be final in all matters.
- The list of students selected for admission displayed on the website as well as on the College/Hostel Notice Board.
- No individual communication will be sent in this regard.
Payment of Fee
- Students shortlisted for admission to the Hostel shall be required to pay online the first installment of Hostel Fee.
- Online Payment of fee is through State Bank of India at a link available on the college website at www.mirandahouse.ac.in/payments.
- Students will be required to pay the fee by the notified date else the hostel seat will be offered to the waitlisted student.
Resident Scholar Form and Documents
Admission will not be considered as complete till the selected student submits the following documents to the Hostel Office:
All certificates are subject to verification by a competent authority. As per University of Delhi rules, the college will accept self-attested copies of documents/ papers provided by the applicant. However, if any false attestation/ falsified records are detected, the student will be debarred from attending any course in the university or its college(s) for the next five years and in addition, a criminal case under relevant section(s) of IPC (viz. 470, 471, 474 etc.) will be instituted against her.